Monday, February 26, 2007

Xfiles, insight, and destination

Surprise surprise, someone who has titled their blog "destination twilight zone" is an XFILES fan. I loved this show, I came into it very late, actually it was after I saw the Xfiles movie that I began tuning in. On this show in regards to the writing, the writers have to be the cruelest human beings on the planet...Always an undertone, always subtle, always almost but not quite...It drove me insane, hence the shows ummm unique appeal. It was all wrapped up in the romanticism of agent's Mulder and scully. I watched with fingers crossed each week, hoping that this would be the episode, it would happen this week, Mulder and Scully would proclaim their undying love for one another.. And what I usually got was a hint, sometimes not so subtle....And always brief, And voala one day it in the last season it finally happened... After Mulder quit, went underground, After Scully bared Mulder's son this long awaited day came, For those that aren't familiar at how this unison happened after Scully bared her partner's child...Your guess is as good as mine LOL??? But I digress, when it did happen, when they became a couple, it was the biggest TV screen disaster of all time... Perhaps the biggest series let down ever...Was it bad writing? bad timing? Nah, actually I think the writing was quite creative...I think the answer lies in long term anticipation. Art imitates life doesn't it? Frequently, what we want the most in life, once achieved, becomes a let down.... We often figure out the journey of desire is more exciting than the actual destination itself.. Oh deflated expectation, silly humans (I imagine thats what God and aliens say when they look in on us to make sure we haven't killed off our species)...
. OOOOOOOOOOhhh I stun myself with my own babel.. And remember "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE".... However once you find it, you might be disappointed....

No comments: