Saturday, March 3, 2007

No Bullshit, no facade, just Hollywoodfarmgirl

Famously fabulously phony, those are the words that come to mind when I think of the glitter that lines the streets of Hollywood. What must it be like, to smile and nod for the camera, wave at some fan who squees their name uncontrobally. How long is it before the fans turn into the vast mob that takes away any normalcy that the smiling nodder had ever hoped for? What causes us to just go ape shit over the next pretty face that covers our tv screen? Aren't people, just people? I mean yeah some are gorgeous, some are snobs, some are immoral, but aren't they just human beings? Don't they use the bathroom, have bad breath in the morning? So why the huge and encompassing squees over just regular people? I guess because we need an escape... From the days that our heroes were living in a book, to the days our heroes spoke unseen through the radio, up till today where we live and are bombarded with these heroes through our papers, our tv's and computer screens, they've all held some sort of god like rule over us.. But I wonder if people ever realize that so much of the time, what they see with these people is not what they get... A smile, a wave, an autograph -- all of this is done for their job, just like we hand someone change back when they purchase something at our check out line, these people are required to hand back a smile. I'm not saying we don't need these heroes or our fantasies, but lets be somewhat real about it...Lets not make it our life's goal to hound them... Lets not live and breathe for a glimpse of their private life... And most of all, when you do by chance get to catch one of these heroes being real...For god sakes lets back the hell off and let them continue to be that way rather than smacking them in the proverbial face, only to kick our own selves in the ass because we made it so, they were forced to put the make-up all over their face, slap on the phony smiles... wave and blow meaningless kisses

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. As you know, we're pretty fond of hollywoodfarmgirl, and read her blog faithfully. We read her because she's a gifted writer, because she's a good person, because she's a mom through IVF, because she makes us laugh and cry, because of so many things that have no relationship to what she does for a living. And to see her maligned and mistreated by people who obsess over her job and think that makes it all okay -- it makes me so angry. It's like someone ripping on you or I for who we are.

I guess as long as a person knows they have friends, they are loved, then the rest just falls away.

destinationtwilightzone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
destinationtwilightzone said...

No worries that was my own comment I deleted LOL... It didn't convey all that I wanted it too. Firstly, I started reading it because of her affiliations, I guess that was about two years ago. Of course I kept on reading because she's an amazing writer. Secondly I very much agree, it is very sad that people took that route. Crucifixion seems to be quite easy when you don't have to look someone in the face. Because of all of this, I refuse to mention names because I feel that to be an injustice of sorts. There's merit enough within her words that she doesn't need the glitter of fame to be validated...If that makes any sense?